Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Adventures in Thrifting!

In Texas, the weather changes daily, especially during the winter. Thursday night I heard it was going to be 70 degrees on Friday, so exciting for my day off. Then when I turned on my street that evening I saw my neighbor had posted a garage sale sign! Before I even turned off the car, I had dialed my daughter's number and we quickly made plans to join his fun! She boxed up what she could get together at her house and headed over to my mother's house to retrieve a truck full of boxes and misc pieces stored in her garage. Then she unloaded here and went through our vintage storage room, otherwise known as the spare bedroom. So in just a couple of hours, we had plenty of good treasures for a good neighborhood garage sale. We made a trip to Walmart for some pricing stickers and set up card tables in the driveway. The next morning, Cristy emptied boxes and somehow turned a ten second decision into a full fledged sale! The weather was gorgeous and people flocked to our house! I think people were just tickled to get out of the house and enjoy the beautiful weather! We had quite a variety of items; vintage Barbie things, vintage hats and purses, an antique trunck, vintage glasses and jewelry, cake plates and covers, and even an antique sled! Our sales always bring a a lot of compliments about the style and quality of our stuff. My daughter has a good eye for buying interesting things. We enjoyed talking to our customers, who ranged in age from 3-90 years old and we made a new connection, a barbie expert ! We had it Friday and today until 5pm. Then we loaded up the back of her truck and took it to goodwill. Of course I had to run inside and make sure they didn't have any new "must have" treasures. After all, The Dallas Flea is coming up soon and we need to replinish our stock! So, although tomorrow we might be a little sore, we now have a small bank roll to hit some more estate sales and restock for The Flea! P.S. although we did not buy anything at Goodwill, we did buy two cool vintage items at our neighbor's garage sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers